Sunday, June 30, 2019

WOMANKIND TO MARY




WOMANKIND TO MARY

Until you come –
I was a sea-plane pounding through the waves
where unity between us was a chain
of coral polyp.  I staggered, broke and sank,
when force stayed me upon subjection’s main
for never can a toy match brawn and strength
of the white horses on the ocean lane.

Now that you came –
the chain is closer linked, and thus I soar
a native altitude in my demesne.
my flight is swift and accurate.  Although
the current dare constrain my natural pitch
and friction pull me from the stars, I fight
that “might makes right” may never rule again.

In this space age –
my craft holds super-charges; and it bears
a pitch-propeller, gadgets of a brain,
and sealed-in cabin – means to the stratosphere.
With these I may attain an apogee
as any satellite now launched at Cape
Canaveral, and my tomorrow trod the moon.

Sister M Honora OSF
Spiritual life.  1969

No comments:

Post a Comment