Saturday, September 14, 2019

SWADDLING CLOTHES



SWADDLING CLOTHES

My days are all white with wonder, the wonder of stitching and sewing,
making a spotless garment for Mary’s spotless Son;
my hours are bright with joy as I watch the small robe growing,
the little robe of love that will compass the Infinite One.

Love is the cloth it is made from; my heart possesses no other;
love is the pattern, too, that I trace with unfaltering care;
love is my double thread, the love of the Son and the mother;
woven throughout of love, think you it will be fair?

Aye, and the mother Mary will let her Little One wear it,
He Who has never in aught save divinity been arrayed,
all upon Christmas morning – O heart of me, can you bear it,
the joy of your God apparelled in raiment your love has made!



Sister M Madeleva CSC
American Twelfth Night
© Congregation of the Sisters of the Holy Cross
Used with permission


No comments:

Post a Comment